This website was developed as the final project for the BCIT program. The site is a portfolio of all my projects. It is responsive; the front page contains my information; the work section links to separate pages for each project containing project information.
I went through many design iterations for this site as I wanted to showcase my portfolio in a simple, yet effective way. I initially had separate pages for the different sections i.e. About me, Contact but eventually decided on keeping all the content on the home page as is the trend nowadays and linking the projects to individual project pages. I used WordPress for this site as it allows for easy addition and display of content via WP admin without having to go into the code.
Navigation font: Abel
Headings font: Sans-serif
Body font: Abel
Challenges and Learning
The design was challenging as this is a personal portfolio and I wanted to create a simple, yet effective site that showcases all my work.
I used the Isotope filter for the projects; I initially ran into some difficulty getting this to work but StackOverflow was very helpful.
I also played around with creating my logo for a while but eventually managed to come up with a design that I liked.
One issue I came across after migration to live site was that I had used postids of pages to style the outer wrapper of the single project pages. I realised it is not very efficient using postids to format as postids do not remain the same.